Your Google account is the identical account for all other Google products such as Gmail, and You Tube. This makes your account quite significant factor to save your identity or basic profile information. Google tries its best using various security measures to make sure your account is safe. However you can always try some approach to stay relieved from your own side as well. It is highly recommended to alter your password from time to time for security reasons.
To change your Gmail password in simple approach, follow these steps:
- First log in to your Gmail account.
- On the top right corner of your screen, there is a “gear” like button exactly below your profile picture or icon. Click on it.
- From the drop down menu, select the “Settings” option which will open up Settings menu for you.
- You will see “Accounts and Import” on the top of the Settings tool bar which is the fourth item from left. Select the link.
- On the top of the page select “Change Password” option which will open a new window named “My Account”.
- Enter your current password to confirm that someone else is not attempting to change your account password.
- Now type in a new password you intend to change. Pick up the mixture of words, numbers and special symbols for a higher strength of the password that will strengthen your security. Then confirm the password by re-typing it.
- Click on the big blue button “Change Password” and your password is altered.
However, in the case when you forgot your password, there is a different approach to reset it.
- Visit the official Sign In site, and fill up your username. On the next screen, click on the “Forgot password” link below the “Sign in” button.
- A new window will appear asking you to type in the last password you remember. Click on the “I don’t know” button since you have no idea what it was.
- Then Google asks you to choose either to send a text message or an automated phone call to provide a verification code to you.
- Either option you choose, you will get a code to verify that it’s you and not some phishing activity.
- A new page shall show up for your assistance, type in the verification code, and a new password that have not been used already with the same account.
While you change the password for your Google account, one thing to make sure is that you have selected an appropriate secure password. The best tips on creating a password is to choose about 12 or more characters that combines the random letters, numbers and special symbols. Also, during the process if you are logging in from an unusual place, or some different devices, Google will ask you for an email id or phone number that is on your account for confirmation.
Gmail account is one of the most encouraging and the most popular web in the email history. Nowadays, many people are using it daily for their own private as well as official purposes. Many people are using it day by day as it has so many features which makes Gmail very easy, swift and hassle free in use. It has become simpler and faster that many users are registered to this account on daily basis. Check out some of the major reasons for using Gmail.
- Free service oriented: It is the special feature of Gmail login as it provides the free email service. You can also customize the background, theme, message box in your account. Along with that its services are incredible in the internet market.
- Highly secure and versatile web browser: It is among the top most ranking email. People feel easy to use this account as it is safe and secure.
- Easy way of communication orally, written or visually: Using Gmail is an easy way to communicate by texting email messages or video calling.
- Strong chance of prohibiting junk mails: Junk mail is unwanted advertising that arrives in your postal mailbox. You have strong chance to stop the junk mail in Gmail. Gmail gives the special feature to disallow the junk mail.
- You can check the mails form any place with the connection to the internet: Along with that you can easily make a attachment of the important files, pictures, documents, or videos.
- Gmail is now also available in Google play and can easily be downloaded in Smartphones. You can make a circle in Google+ and share thoughts, pictures, videos and get in touch with others. Gmail also provides free storage capacity of 15 gigabytes.
There are also some other simple yet important reason on why people use Gmail login.
- Undo send: Undo is a feature of Gmail. If you send any wrong message in the email, Gmail help us to wait number of second before sending message. During this period, we can click on “undo” button to stop our wrong message.
- Custom Keyboard shortcut: We all love shortcut keyboards. Gmail allows us to use the shortcut keywords.
- Preview External service in message: Gmail lets us preview things like videos, documents, voicemails, and images in emails if we sent from certain services. For example, if one of our contacts sends us a message with an address in it, Gmail will preview it automatically. There are also preview Labs for Google Voice, Yelp, and Picasa if we use those services.
- Auto-Advance: If we go through a lot of messages at once, it can be really irritating. Gmail takes us back to the inbox whenever you delete, archive, or mute a conversation. Auto-Advance available in Gmail Labs, lets us choose what Gmail does in this situation, so we can go straight to the previous email whenever we delete or archive a message. It’s small, but a good time saver and a fix for a pretty big annoyance.
- Unread Message Icon: In Gmail we can make a quick look at how many unread emails are in our inbox. In such case Unread Message Icon will do the trick. It’s perfect for keeping Gmail in a pinned tab, but make sure it doesn’t distract us. After all, we shouldn’t be answering email as soon as it comes in. So if you are having tempts to constantly check our inbox, this feature will keep it off.
- Send & Archive: How we lived before this button, we’ll never know. Just head into Gmail’s General Settings. Click on the “Show “Send & Archive” button in reply” radio button.
- You can select the Custom themes: There are numbers of themes you can select. You can also select your own image to use as a custom theme, or choose from a selection of photos.
- Voice calls and video calls: There is also the feature of video calls. You can hangout with your family and friends having conversation in video call with the use Gmail.
These all are the features of Gmail login. Due all these features we all are generally using Gmail login. It is very safe and friendly to use. Enjoy these features of Gmail!
Undoubtedly one of the best and free email services available for many people across the globe, Gmail renders many more services besides its email. The service includes sending file, documents, make video calls (both one to one and one to many) etc. With more than 420 million active users worldwide, Gmail estimated that 60 percentages of companies in US used it for email purpose. Emphasizing solely on Gmail, in today’s article I will give you an insight on five reasons for using Gmail. Check out the list below for why you have to opt for the Gmail than other available in the online market.
Top five reasons for using Gmail
- The number one reason to use Gmail is because there is less spam in Gmail service. Like me there are many people out there who hate the spam in their inbox, however hardly other email service acts to eliminate the spam. But, Gmail does make sure that its users receive spam less then possible; which is absolutely great the thing for those who despise spam.
- The second reason is my favorite where Gmail enables users to undo the message they sent to some other users. In other words, if you accidently happened to send a message to wrong person, then Gmail gives you 15 seconds to undo the sent messages. Nevertheless, you will barely see such a great feature in other email service. All you have to do is Sign Up and login to gmail to enjoy its unlimited services.
- In Gmail, you can search the message instantly through its Google search within Gmail. You will see the search icon in the top right hand side of the screen. And, this will let you to search any message whether it is been sent to you an hour ago or years ago. You will get it. All in all, you don’t have to squander time searching for email, just search for a message when you need it and it will find it for you.
- Beside email service, Gmail has built in chat feature that includes all text, voice, and video. With just one click you can execute the chat with other users whom you already emailed or make a Gmail voice or video calls. And to perform the voice and video calls all you’ve got to do is download the apps which will not take more than a minute or two.
- Gmail provides a huge space for you to save your emails, and furthermore it will also let you to purchase the space if you happened to need more.
In addition to its extra features its secure, has priority inbox, and free. Since, you now know the great features of Gmail, then why not starting using it, if you haven’t?